Friday, May 25, 2012

Night Watch

I'm almost to the halfway mark. As of the end of June I will have been at Shelterwood for 6 months. When I first got here I thought it would be the longest year of my life. Not because I dislike it or anything, just because it's a lot of hard work. It might still be the longest year of my life....but I still can't believe 6 months has gone by already. I feel like I just got here.
New staff will be coming in soon and to think that I'm a "vet" and will be showing the new staff the "ropes" is so strange to me.
'Here, show the new kids how to do this job." Uhhhhh wait a second, do I even know how to do my job? ....yikes.

I find myself on craigslist a lot. I might even have the app. I'm shameless. Don't get me wrong I will be sad to leave here, but my mind tends to do this wandering thing pretty regularly. I can't help but wonder where I'm going after December. I know it's something I need to take to the Lord more than I already am (I'm workin' on it...don't fret), but I'm still always looking for possible jobs and housing.
Florida, California, Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, etc. Who knows...(other than God)

I realized how much I love Oklahoma after being away from it. I was able to take 8 days off and go home this past week. It is so weird how often I'm wearing cowgirl boots and listening to country these days. RED DIRT country at that. So not me. I even miss small town Eufaula. Who am I??? (Identity crisis. No big.) I guess it's easy to miss the lake in the summer, but there are a lot of things I miss about that state.
Thunder games.
People waving at you for absolutely no reason.
Trucks. Lots of trucks.
Hick accents and "Ya'll".
Ordering sweet tea is natural.
The lake.
Family/Friends.
My dock.
My sailboat.
Dirt roads and back roads.
The best fried chicken ever...and okra.

Makes me wanna write country songs or something weird like that.
I'll pray about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment