Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Camp War Eagle vs Kanakuk

It's that time again.

End of the school year, start of summer.

It's no secret I'm a big lover of summer (see post below).

But this is the time to start thinking about camp.

Yup.

Camp.

I know there are a lot of college students that think camp counselors are annoying and think that it's a dumb job and give us typical stereotypes and what not...


(ie; choco/teva/keen loving, watch wearing, large v-necks and niki shorts only, kiddie jewelry, funny tan line people are "naturally" camp counselors)...


but I love the job.

My best memories, and some of my best friends came from camp.


[Sidenote: I usually spell camp with a "K", because I worked at

Kanakuk Kamps and they spell EVERYTHING with a "K". But I refrained. You're welcome.]


This summer instead of working at Kanakuk, I will be at Camp War Eagle in Rogers, AR.

Most of my friends and family thought I was crazy for changing camps.

Mostly because I am a die-hard Kanakuk fan.

I just felt like a change.

I felt like the Lord wanted something different for me.

I still feel that way...but it's somewhat frustrating knowing all my firends are going back to

and I'm going to be somewhere completely different.

I'm trying really hard not to go into it with any expectations.

I'm REALLY going to miss Kamp.

I'm also really excitedt to try something different

and see what the Lord has in store for me.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment